Sunday, May 27, 2012

Piecing it all together...


My newest little gb is now 2 months old...
Man! Time flies when you are having fun!
(he's frowning cause he wanted to come
go to the ranch with us this weekend...)


This weekend is our finishing touches 
on our kitchen counter tops!



 My sweet man is bound and determined
to get them finished and have my sink in
by the end of the long holiday weekend!


 Bless his heart, the first laminate he 
bought broke on him while
he was unloading it from the truck...
Needless to say,
He was DONE
at that point. 



But as you  can see, his second
attempt was successful and our
little island now has a top!
It's my job to finish up the edges...
Rhut Rho....
not sure he knows what he's asking...

On to other news...

I have been busy making
blocks for my swap partners...
Here is one that I made for Ann.
It's a paper pieced block.


 I am a little dyslexic, so I have
to sometimes do weird things
so I can picture what patterns
are telling me to do.
So I just colored one of my paper
pieces so I could see where 
this was going...


 I am not gonna lie...
this was a little mind-bending 
especially since I had never 
made one before!



But in the end, it
all worked out!
Can I get an
AMEN 
up in here????



I learned a lot about 
paper piecing...
#1
Don't USE COPIER PAPER!

It's too hard to remove when
you are done!




It was a lot of fun and it taught me 
a lot...and I am ready for my next
paper piecing...
Sew...what do you use
when you paper piece?
I don't want to make the 
same mistake twice!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I use vilene to trace the block onto. It can then stay on the block and you don't need to remove it. I've made three animals quilts like this.

    ReplyDelete

A few years back...3 maybe?

 A little over 3 years ago, our little quilt shop grew up. We moved to a larger space and hired more employees. So much has happened in thos...