Friday, May 25, 2012

In the Garden

I have a friend at work that just finished 
building herself a really cool potting shed.
As soon as she told me about it, 
I had the idea to make her 
a gardening tool belt of sorts...



I used remnant fabrics from my mother-in-law's stash of
upholstery fabrics she left me- those seemed to be a little
more durable than what I had in my little stash.


 I added two small tool holders for either her 
gardening tools
or for keys, gloves..
however she wanted to use them.



 There are two belt ties and 
it is divided into three
sections with one accent 
pocket on the outside.



 And the labels I used came
 from my Label Crew Club
collection from Sweetwater Fabrics...
They were just the icing on the cake!










 I should have modeled it, but ran out of time!
It only took a couple of hours to make and
although I didn't have a pattern, I think it
turned out pretty well!
 
Just another fun way to
use up some odds and ends
in my stash from Miss Mary...
I think she would love how I have
 recreated her fabric stash!

What are some items you 
have made out of fabrics
given to you to re-purpose?
 


2 comments:

  1. I like it. I am sure your friend will really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! Yes, I'm sure Miss Mary would love that you did something like this with her fabric.

    ReplyDelete

A few years back...3 maybe?

 A little over 3 years ago, our little quilt shop grew up. We moved to a larger space and hired more employees. So much has happened in thos...