Thursday, March 1, 2012

A selfish pleasure


 
I usually don't make anything for myself...
I don't know why, it's just that I have 
other things on my plate.
Tonight, I took a little break from 
those and decided I needed something...



 Just like the little tutorial for the Easter Basket,
I cut this out the same way.



 When I cut the corners for the squared bottom,
for this one, I cut 3 inches in and 3 inches from the bottom.
On the liner, I stitched up the sides, and about 2 inches 
in on the bottom, leaving an opening to use for later.



 The other difference is that when I put in the liner,
I attached my straps and button holder at the top
of the canvas bag, right sides together
first and stitched them using a scant 1/4 inch line.
Once I had those in place,
I slipped the liner (right sides together) over the 
outside of the bag, pinned it at the top
and stitched 1/4 inch all the way around the top.
Then I simply pulled the inside (canvas) bag out 
through the bottom and tucked the liner inside the bag,
and stitched the opening in the bottom of the liner closed.
Don't you just love that liner fabric?
and I couldn't believe I had a button that actually 
matched perfectly!!!


 Once I tucked it all inside nice and straight and snug, 
I stitched around the bottom of the bag to give it 
the permanent boxed bottom shape.
I used a canvas and it was so forgiving when 
it came to hiding the actual thread line.



Now, instead of carrying two bags to work
everyday...(a purse and a lunch box) 
I can just place it all in this one.
Win-Win!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a fantastic bag Lana!! I love the fabric you chose to line this with!! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is just gorgeous Lana. I must make one - well I must make something one of these day. I have a nice new all singing all dancing Husqvarna Viking sewing machine. I love you heaps.
    Patti xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello

    That is lovely!

    Like your bunny bag too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great bag, Lana! I was given one of your little bags for my birthday in January! (Darla bought some from you and let me choose one!) I love it!

    ReplyDelete

A few years back...3 maybe?

 A little over 3 years ago, our little quilt shop grew up. We moved to a larger space and hired more employees. So much has happened in thos...