Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Thank you's with This, Thats and These...



 From time to time, when I find a new quilt shop that really 
bowls me over, I will come home and tell all of you about it! 
That's what I did when I recently visited OKC

Well, today...I came home and
I had a squishy package from said Quilt shop...
with a sweet note thanking me for writing about
their shop on my little blog...
and along with it...some really beautiful fat quarters...

That has never happened to me before...
I wrote about them because they really are the real thing...
Please visit them ONLINE or in person and tell them I sent you in!
I can't think of a better way to tell them 
Thank you... 
Thank you for such a sweet and generous gesture.
I really am STILL bowled OVER!!!!

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



And what can I say about that sweet man of mine...
He was in NY all weekend working...
and then  
STUCK
because of hurricane Irene...
He was supposed to be home on Saturday...
Then Sunday...
But two grueling TRAVEL NIGHTMARE days
later...
He graced my kitchen doorstep
with his lovely presence...
NOW...
With all that going on ...
He found a JOANN's Fabrics...
and that's right girls...
(tissues permitted here...)
 He brought me home those lovely
fat quarters you see above...
He said he had to go into the 120 mile an hour hurricane wind,
Uphill no less and BARE FOOTED...
to get those for me...
and you know what girls?
I BELIEVE HIM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



 




My last but certainly not least
Thank you goes to Joan...
Aren't these blocks just stunning???
Joan is in my Block Swap Group...
Thank you so much ...
I seriously 
HEART 
these!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THIS...
is the quilt I was working on this weekend...




Just a little more and it will be finished...

Oh, but I digress...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


*THATs*

 If you read my blog...
You KNOW why I HAD to have this 
Pattern Book from Art to Heart...


and finally...

*THESE*




I have been filling my book shelves lately...
and here's what on them...



and of course....



Can you believe tomorrow is already
WEDNESDAY?

7 comments:

  1. Aww! You do have a sweet man, Lana. I am so glad that he made it home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I recognize Hometown! And that is too sweet of your hubs to bring you fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww....how sweet of Bill!
    Wow! I love the quilt you've been working on!!! It's gorgeous!
    Love the fabrics and books, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful of Bill to pick you up some FQs. There certainly aren't many husbands that would venture into a fabric store by themselves and then actually buy something.
    Great collection of books! And the blocks your received are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I'm late posting my comment because it's Thursday now. Loved your blog entry and yes I would O believe him when your DH said he went through loads of horrible winds to get you that fab fabric.

    See you have almost finished my quilt. I just LOVE it. (okay I'm joking about it being my quilt).

    It's your fault I've just bought another book. It would have been two but they were sold out of Sweetwater's book at the cheaper place and I refuse to pay £4.00 (that's around $6.20) more for it from Amazon here.

    Love you Lots

    P xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I mailed your Adventure block today. It should reach you on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your husband is really a sweetie to bring you home fabric! Great new books to read and love that one with the title Seams to Me!

    ReplyDelete

A few years back...3 maybe?

 A little over 3 years ago, our little quilt shop grew up. We moved to a larger space and hired more employees. So much has happened in thos...